Getting To Perhentian Island
TIP : The good weather from February till October.
Malaysia’s climate is categorized as equatorial, being hot and humid throughout the year.
But the inter-monsoon period during February each year may cause the weather to be unpredictable, and sea condition may be rough in the late afternoon.
Therefore, we hope that you can refer to our travel guidelines before planning your holiday for the month of February
Kuala Besut Jetty is located in the state of Terengganu. The nearest airport is Kota Bharu Airport (Sultan Ismail Petra) in Kota Bharu, Kelantan. Upon arrival at Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA), Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 (KLIA2), or Subang Airport,take the domestic flight to Kota Bharu Airport (KBR).
The flight time from Kuala Lumpur is approximately 45 minutes. For guests from Singapore, Malaysia Airlines provides connecting flights via Singapore to Kuala Lumpur (KLIA) and transit flight to Kota Bharu Airport (KBR) or Kuala Terengganu Airport (TGG).
Airasia provide direct flights from Johor Bahru, Kota Kinabalu, Kuala Lumpur, Kuching and Singapore. Where as, Firefly provide direct flight from Johor Bahru, Penang and Subang. Malindo Air also provide direct flights from Penang and Subang.
Please take note that the land transfer to Kuala Besut takes about 1 hour. The boat transfer to Bubu Resort takes about 40 minutes.
Please book your flight journey according to the boat schedule.
Express bus services depart daily from Kuala Lumpur (Terminal Bersepadu Selatan – 8 hrs), Penang (6 hrs), Singapore (10 hrs), and Johor Bharu (9 hrs) to Jerteh. The journey from Jerteh to Kuala Besut Jetty take about 30 minutes. Overnight coach depart around 9 pm daily. Kindly confirm the departure time with the bus company.
Taxis and Minibus departing from Cameron Highlands or Taman Negara normally arrives at Kuala Besut Jetty around 4:00pm. Speedboats will only operate depending on the weather condition.
Overnight train with sleeping berths are available from Kuala Lumpur, Johor Bharu, Singapore, and Taman Negara to Kelantan. The recommended disembarking point is at Tanah Merah. And, followed by another 45 minutes of land transfer to Kuala Besut Jetty. Overnight coach or train will arrive at Tanah Merah Train Station or Jerteh Bus Station early morning, giving sufficient time for passengers to depart on the 1st boat at 11:00am.
We also provide “Meet & Greet” services from Kota Bharu Airport, Kuala Terengganu Airport, Jerteh Bus Terminal, and Tanah Merah Train Station to Kuala Besut Jetty. However, taxi and limousine services are easily available from each location to Kuala Besut Jetty.
For those who travel by car, parking is available at Kuala Besut Jetty. Please register at Bubu’s Tourist terminal Meet & Greet Office at least 30 minutes before boat departure.
Coral Bay Jetty (In Small Island)
Coral Bay Jetty to Long Beach is within walking distance, approximately 15 minutes. Our boat may land here, depending on the weather condition.
To find out more on our private land and boat transfers, please click on BuBu Private Transfer Services
Perhentian Island Boat Schedule
MALAYSIA AIRLINES (KLIA) Kota Bharu Airport (KBR) – MH1384 – 08:45am 1st Boat: 11:00am Kota Bharu Airport (KBR) – MH1388 – 11:50am 2nd Boat: 1:00pm AIRASIA (KLIA2) Kota Bharu Airport (KBR) – AK6432 – 09:30am 1st Boat: 11:00am Kota Bharu Airport (KBR) – AK6434 – 11:20am 2nd Boat: 1:00pm FIREFLY (Subang) Kota Bharu Airport (KBR) – FY2060 – 08:20am Kota Bharu Airport (KBR) – FY2074 – 09:50am 1st Boat: 11:00am Kota Bharu Airport (KBR) – FY2062 – 11:15am Kota Bharu Airport (KBR) – FY2064 – 12:50pm 2nd Boat: 1:00pm
Important Note :
- Please be reminded that the last boat to BuBu Resort is at 5pm.
- The boat transfer is subjected to weather conditions. The hotel is not liable for compensation due to weather changes.
- Please register at our Kuala Besut office 30 minutes before boat departure to collect boat ticket and Marine Park registration.
- For guest traveling on February, it is advisable to book earliest flight to Kota Bharu Airport(KBR) due to unpredictable weather and
sea condition in the late afternoon.
- Please make sure your sea transfer to Perhentian Island uses the official Jetty at Kuala Besut.
- All travel times can be changes at short notice. Subject to weather condition and availability.
- To avoid inconvenience, please arrange your land and sea transfer travel times directly with the Resort.
- We would advise foreign guests to change into local currency ( Ringgit Malaysia ) before arriving at Kota Bahru Airport.
- For ease of convenience and comfort ,we encourage guests to pre book Kota Bahru airport pick up by our Bubu Resort van.