Welcome to BUBU
BuBu offers you not one but two luxury but affordable beach resorts, both located on Long Beach of Pulau Perhentian Kecil, the smaller of the two main Perhentian islands. With its 700 metres of gently sloping powdery white sand and crystal clear turquoise waters, Long Beach is probably the best beach in all of Peninsular Malaysia. Indeed, it was rated the 13th best beach in the world in a CNN survey!
Both the Resort and the Villa boast high-class restaurants where you can enjoy hearty breakfasts, appetising lunches and sumptuous evening meals – not to mention a range of cocktails, mocktails, aperitifs, gourmet coffee and other drinks. There is also broadband Internet access throughout both resorts.
There is plenty to do at our resorts, with snorkeling, diving and island hopping all near to hand – see our activities section for more details. Or you can simply chill out to the wonderful views onto the South China Sea.
We did not stay at the hotel but went to dinner at the restaurant. 2 Bubu restaurants belonging to the... read moreWe did not stay at the hotel but went to dinner at the restaurant. 2 Bubu restaurants belonging to the same owner. One on each side of Long Beach. The Bubu restaurant at the Village is under a bit circle tent. Spacious and tables far from each other. Good food and wine. But just the atmosphere was a bit too posh in our opinion. The other one belongs to the Bubu resort and is more welcoming: same good food and wine. read lessChristophe197110/09/19
I book the Garden Villa for my brother’s honeymoon through Marichel and Mary. They both were all-out in ensuring that... read moreI book the Garden Villa for my brother’s honeymoon through Marichel and Mary. They both were all-out in ensuring that the honeymoon was memorable to my brother. The free honey moon decor in the room was fantastic and they even accommodated our request to arrange for candle light dinner with free decor as well. According to my brother, the villa is really great and perfect for newly weds! read lessWFarhanim15/05/19
We stayed here for 4 nights after seeing Tioman Island. The room was a bit small but was clean and... read moreWe stayed here for 4 nights after seeing Tioman Island. The room was a bit small but was clean and the bathroom was nice and a safe was provided.
Pros of this place:
- Offers massages at a good rate (that are very good!), snorkelling and an onsite spa. Slightly more expensive compared to the rest of the island but that's because Long Beach caters to backpackers and I think the restaurants at both Bubu Village and Bubu resort are the best on Long Beach.
- Cocktail and canapes every evening on the sun loungers was a nice touch.
- Staff were very friendly
- Breakfast was very good - this was my favourite place for breakfast compared to other places we stayed at.
Cons of this place:
- No gym in the hotel
- No TV in the room
- The back of the hotel is quite messy - there is leftover construction materials covered in bright blue tarpaulin or rubbish strewn around which does detract from the vibe of the hotel as you see this every day when you leave your room.
- Milk of some sort should be provided in the room for the tea and coffee.
Pros of this island:
- Beautiful sea - one of the nicest I have been in, however the busy boats sometimes leave pollution and you can at times smell a lot of oil. Also all boats anchor in the sand which is very dangerous as you could accidentally impale your foot.
- Snorkelling is amazing compared to Tioman, we went with the BuBu guide and had a good 3 hours of snorkelling with sea turtles and sharks for a very reasonable price! I do think flippers should be provided as some places have a strong current.
- Only 40 minute journey to mainland
Tips for this island:
- Use the BuBu transfer - I used Sunny Travel and was ok on the way there but on the way back the boat was dangerously overcrowded and there were not enough lifejackets for all on board.
- Long beach is full of camping sites which aren't overly pretty - I would probably stay on a different part of the island.
- Take walks between 9pm and11pm - we managed to see a sea turtle come in from the sea to lay eggs! read lessKanvar06/07/19
This is my second stay at Bubu Resort Hotel and it didn't disappoint. Everything from the high level of service... read moreThis is my second stay at Bubu Resort Hotel and it didn't disappoint. Everything from the high level of service to the cleanliness, restaurant and free cocktails in the evening are superb.
Yes you pay a bit more for the food and drinks here, but a short walk on the beach offers plenty of alternatives.
The snorkelling trips are well organised and insured - not like some of the others offered on the beach!
One criticism would be the shuttle transfer from the island to the airport. Bubu arranges this at a higher cost than the booking it oneself, but in fact once you reach the jetty, you join a shared shuttle bus anyway - so there is no reason for the additional fare.
I would stay again, it is by far the best on the island for hotels (I didn't try the bubu villas) More read lesslost_outhere02/06/19
Il resort è funzionale alla visita delle Perenthian. E' molto ben gestito da Simone, sempre attento a soddisfare ogni esigenza.... read moreIl resort è funzionale alla visita delle Perenthian. E' molto ben gestito da Simone, sempre attento a soddisfare ogni esigenza. Il personale è cordiale e simpatico. Anche il ristorante è molto buono così come la colazione.
Avevamo una camera a piano terra, forse non con una grande visuale, ma veramente comoda perché vicino a spiaggia, ristorante, reception.
La spiaggia è una delle più belle e, seppur viva e frequentata, comunque molto godibile. read less32francoc11/08/19
Hôtel idéalement placé sur une des plages paradisiaques des Iles Pérhentians en Malaisie avec pour cadre du sable blanc, une... read moreHôtel idéalement placé sur une des plages paradisiaques des Iles Pérhentians en Malaisie avec pour cadre du sable blanc, une eau turquoise et la jungle derrière nous...Personnel très attentif, serviable et extrêmement gentil....tout est fait pour satisfaire le client, que ce soit pour la chambre tout confort et espace, pour le petit déjeuner, pour la plage privée, pour les massages (payant mais dérisoire pour le travail accompli), pour les cocktails offerts en fin de journée chaque jour les pieds dans le sable!!! ....Ma fille et moi avons passé 4 jours idylliques dans ce petit paradis. read lessCorinne03/07/19
The massage at the spa was incredible. Got the ‘beautiful dream’ which was a good combination of all body massage... read moreThe massage at the spa was incredible. Got the ‘beautiful dream’ which was a good combination of all body massage with stretching parts and the massuse applied a good pressure. Highly recommend ! Had a view of the sea aswell. read lessJess26/09/19
Its right choice in Perhentian
Best hotel ever on the best island in Malaysia
Food wow amazing... read moreIts right choice in Perhentian
Best hotel ever on the best island in Malaysia
Food wow amazing
Breakfast is like you are in middle of Italy
Its a bit pricey but believe what you pay you will get more than you expected
Perhentian means bubu beach resort
See you again and again soon read lessnidalights01/01/20
Nice place to stay for honeymoon or short escape. Staff here are very helpful. The environment are so cosy. The... read moreNice place to stay for honeymoon or short escape. Staff here are very helpful. The environment are so cosy. The beach here very beautiful with blue clear water. The food are very delightful with big portion. Booked by package for 2 person. read lessKhairi15/10/19
Location right by the beach. Sand between the toes experience. Superb friendly staff both at the front desk and at... read moreLocation right by the beach. Sand between the toes experience. Superb friendly staff both at the front desk and at the restaurant. Warm, shallow and turquoise water. Enough sunbeds and umbrellas. Beautifully kept garden. Kids and family friendly. Top restaurant for both breakfasts and dinners incl. BBQ set up every night (think grilled squid!). A bit pricey but well worth it. read lessAndrzejPiwowarek01/08/19